Registered Nurse, RN - PICC Team
Job Title: Vascular Access nurse
Location: South East Region
Company: IV Access Inc.
Job Summary: Assess and identifies the vascular access needs of the patient. Procures, delivers and coordinates vascular access for the patient in the hospital and/or SNF setting.
- Reports to:
- CEO: Peggy Gotte
- CNO: Melanie Huerlander
- Valid State RN license
- Valid PICC credentials & competencies
- Valid CPR
- Competency in the placement of PICC lines
- High level Skills in critical thinking and assessment related to vascular access device selection
- High level clinical communication skills with physicians and other clinical staff
- Willingness to maintain and improve knowledge level related to vascular access with seminars, magazines and books
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess patients with difficult access or need for long term IV therapy for appropriate vascular access device
- Works with staff nurses, physicians, case managers and other team members to insure early assessment for VAD selection and implementation
- Participates in education with Vascular Access education with patient, family members and staff
- Reviews physicians order
- Obtains consent
- Reviews medical records for any contraindications of peripheral vascular access
- Determines the best vascular access device for the patient base on medications, current access status, diagnoses, length of IV therapy and etc.
- Places said vascular access device, (PICC, Midline, Peripheral) or recommends alternate means of access.
- Reports directly to patients primary nurse and charge nurse or physician, if necessary.
- Troubleshoots difficult complications of VAD's or assists staff in troubleshooting.
- Declot VAD's or assists staff as a resource in declotting.
- Places difficult peripheral IV's with or without ultrasound as needed
- Provides staff education on:
- Care ad management
- complication management
- Document completely and accurately in the patients permanent medical record
- Requests further clarification of unclear orders. Seeks assistance from supervisors when needed.
Recruiter Contact: email@example.com